Thursday, February 16, 2012

Coaching Life Through Basketball

The thing I am most passionate about is being a leader of young men and women through a sport I adore, basketball. Although I am posting here to fulfill the assignment requirements, I hope to someday soon create a detailed website of my journey and linking videos and photos that I feel have been useful during my coaching career both on and off the court. The most important part of my coaching experience has been to teach life lessons through basketball, which I will emphasize through the video I posted and photos I share below.

John Wooden

This photo is of Coach John Wooden, former UCLA men's basketball coach who is known by many as a successful basketball coach. To me and others that have knowledge of his life and lessons he taught using basketball, I think of him as a positive role model to the highest of levels and one of the greatest leaders of men through the sport he loved dearly, basketball. For some excellent quotes, you can click here, you will not be disappointed.




Jimmy Valvano

Another excellent leader through the sport they loved is Coach Jim Valvano. He is known for what I consider the best speech of all time at the ESPY's a few months before cancer took his life. I still tear up when I hear it to this day. You can view this below.


College Basketball Hall of Fame

One place I have been wanting to visit is the National College Basketball Hall of Fame and College Basketball Experience. After talking with my wife, we are thinking about making a trip to Kansas City this summer to catch a Tigers game and visit the Hall of Fame. For some reason I have been working on this google map for the last hour and a half and it's not working for me. Below is a map and I am also attaching a link since neither will work.

College Basketball Hall of Fame Location

No comments:

Post a Comment