Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 7 - Podcasts

Never did I see myself creating my own podcast, but I did create an account and thought it was quite easy. Before diving into this lesson, I have heard of podcasts but never have I done research on exactly what the benefits are of a podcast. I listen to a lot of talk radio to and from work suggesting I listen to podcast (non-educational) and after searching for an educational podcast, I found a podcast the revolves around bullying. This is intended for educators more than students because it assists them in identifying who may be a bully or who may be a victim of bullying within their classrooms. This podcast explains how much bullying has an effect on children and I really enjoyed listening because I can understand where it comes from. Not only does it talk about the physical bullying, but even more so the effects it has on the psychological aspect of a child outside of the classroom through internet bullying also known as cyber-bullying. This podcast explains where bullying comes from and how it can be avoided within the classroom. Bullying is often very aggressive and carried out multiple times against a victim or a small group. The podcast gives profiles of both the bully and the victim of the bully which I found very useful. I started to connect these profiles to people I used to go to school with and they fit perfectly. Many teachers may have been one or the other, so they know about bullying and hopefully they stop it from happening, but this podcast is a very good educational tool for teachers to look deeper into their students lives and figure out if they can help. You can listen to the podcast by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment